Law & Policy
This section contains informationon the law that protects whistleblowers, the Public Interest Disclosure Act1998 (PIDA). Additionally it provides information on our policy and campaigns.
The section contains:
- A detailed guide on PIDA with practical tips for organisations and individuals
- Legal updates on notable decisions
- Our Whistleblowing Commission and Public Consultation which has been set up to review the effectiveness of whistleblowing in the UK
- News on our campaign to reform the law via the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill
- An overview of NGOs around the world and international literature
- An index of all our policy papers by broad subject and includes our early policy work.
- Our document library
The links below take you to other useful material.
- Ten year review of PIDA (including 30 notable decisions) (2010)
- Statistics on the use of PIDA in the Employment Tribunals (2012)
- A list of Prescribed Regulators for England, Scotland & Wales
- A list of Prescribed Regulators for Northern Ireland